tether Blu Premium Edition and tether Blu Free Edition
Bluetooth tether application for Android G1
This simple application allows one to tether their android phone with their PC over bluetooth. The free edition only allows you to tether your wifi internet signal to your computer. The premium edition will tether both your wifi internet signal and your cell data internet signal. The way this app works is that it connects your phone to your computer over a wireless bluetooth connection. The app then forwards internet data from the phone to your computer so that your computer can have an internet connection using the phone's internet connection, the free edition only works when you have an internet connection from a wifi connection.
Use this application at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damage that may result from using this application, rooting your phone, or anything else which this site may suggest. Using this type of application may or may not be allowed by your cell phone provider, check you agreement(s) and contract(s) with your cell phone provider before using this application. Read the full End User License Agreement here before installing, downloading, or using this application.
To use this application you must have super user (aka root, su) access on your phone. The super user access is used to run some linux executables to acheive tethering. If you do not have super user access or do not know what it is visit this wiki for G1, Magic, Nexus One, and Droid users and click on your device. HTC EVO 4g, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, HTC Hero users visit Unrevoked 3. If you have questions do not hesitate to email me, as these guides change often due to phone updates and new devices.
Here are some notes about the app:
- To install this app , download it from the SlideMe.org and install it. Visit SlideMe.org for information on obtaining the SlideMe.org market application, known as SAM (Slide's Android Application Manager).
- You will need to pair your PC with your phone for this application to work. On your phone go to Settings --> Wireless controls --> Bluetooth settings
- Pair your phone and PC, run the application, and click on the start tether button. Some people have found the app to work better if they pair after they hit the start tether button.
- To stop the tying simply tap on the stop tie catch.
- Bluetooth does not need to be on for this app to work. If it is off, the app will automatically turn it on and off when you click on the start and stop buttons respectively. If bluetooth is already on when you click the start button, the app will not turn it on or off.
- After the bluetooth tying administration begins, you can associate with your telephone from your pc. In windows xp this can be accomplished by going to Network Connections and then going to Bluetooth Network Connection. The default tcp/ip settings should work (DHCP must be enabled). You may need to click on the refresh button, if you do not see a refresh button make sure you have service pack 3 installed.
- If you are looking for a linux script to automatically connect and disconnect your linux PC to the phone, go to step 11 of this article.
- This system makes your telephone go about as a bluetooth NAT switch with an IP of 10.0.1.1 and will give your PC a DHCP lease of 10.0.1.5, in this present discharge you can't change these settings.
- This application is currently discharged and stable, yet in the event that you have any issues or see any bugs post send me an email. Get in touch with me through the business sector contact information.
View the permitting page for authorizing points of interest.
0.9.0 - first beta release
0.9.1 - fixed compatibility bug with tetherWifi
0.9.2 - new icon! (thanks to mannyb for the artwork)
1.0.0 - Official Release. Added running status, added about menu item
1.0.1 - Bug Fixes
1.0.2 - Bug Fixes
1.0.3 - Bug Fix for ADP1.1 phones
1.1.0 - Added configuration settings. DHCP Client list
1.1.1 - Minor Bug
1.2.0 - Android 1.5 bug fix
1.2.1 - Android 1.5r3 bug fix, and apps2sd fix
1.2.2 - Android 1.6 bug fix
1.3 - Android 2.1 bug fix
1.4 - Better support for phones without busybox commands
Thanks to all who helped me make this possible during the beta testing of this app. For those of you who donated, send me an email and I will get you the latest version of the app for free.